After many months of depriving myself of this fun (mostly because my throat and sinuses were stricken by some disease), I finally went to a no rae bang (private karaoke room) with a friend. Actually, it was a really long and freezing day. I had to haul myself to Yeoksam-dong, to Gangnam-gu for an errand, and then I waited for my friend in a coffee shop in my neighbourhood. When she arrived, we went to another coffee house/bar to have dinner. Then we decided to go to a no rae bang since we couldn’t go last time due to my sinusitis.
We went to the one we always go to, paid about $9-10 bucks for over an hour and sang our hearts out. Whenever we go, we sing a bunch of weird combinations of songs. Here’s a list of what we sang and of what I can remember.
* Dong Bang Shin Gi’s “Mirotic” (Japanese and Korean version. We were surprised that a Japanese version existed! But because we weren’t familiar with it, we canceled it after the first three lines.)
* Dong Bang Shin Gi’s Love in the Ice” (It took me a while to find it. I was just about to curse the book for not having it, but it did!)
* System of the Down’s “Chop Suey”
* Mariah Carey songs
* Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive”
* Amuro Namie songs
* BoA songs
* Eurythmics’ “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)”
* The Carpenters’ “(They Long to Be) Close to You”
* Eagles’ “Desperado”
* Blondie’s “One Way or Another”
* Deep Purple’s “Highway Star” (This and the previous song is influenced by Rock Band series.)
* Other songs that I cannot remember (Mostly English ones)
* Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” (This, and Guns N’ Roses’ “Paradise City” and X Japan’s “Forever Love,” is a great one to end the night with, since it’s long and the machine will let us sing until it finishes even when the time runs out!)
What a fun night! Normally, I’d sing more Japanese songs, but I was catching up with singing English songs I discovered recently.