Clouds Of Rain Bi, an online petition aiming to aid Rain in his legal troubles, was an international effort started by fans in June 2007. With almost 9000 signature submissions to date, the online document is still going strong. Most people are aware that this legal issue has ended in Rain’s favor (at least, in theory); however, others continue to blindly sign it.

For those of you living under a rock, in Summer 2007 Rain embarked on his “I’m Coming” American tour. The concerts were postponed due to an injunction the superstar received to cease and desist using the name Rain. The Rain Corporation, which has no relation to the Korean Idol, applied for the injunction after the Korean superstar performed in Las Vegas back in 2005. They claimed financial losses due to the singer using the name. The company, which is based in Nevada, manages a group of Beatles impersonators called “Rain: The Beatles experience.” In the end, the copycat singers couldn’t prove their case in court. Although Rain won the right to use the name legally, the effect the court case had on postponing his musical tour was a substantial loss for the singer.

Despite the storm having passed, these fan-girls have not gotten the memo. Maybe they are confused about the legal troubles that followed him after this case? Then again, Rain should feel very happy knowing his fans still think about him.

SeniorForever - 01/30/09 3:31 pm

He definitely makes a better actor than singer but it’s not a complete loss. He does have his moments.

I liked him in the drama series “Full House” but not in “I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Ok”

Well no matter what happens, he should REALLY becareful of what decisions and actions he decides to take for him for his company and career to survive. Especially since JYP said himself (paraphrasing) that Rain was meant to be an Icon, not a artist that’s actually talented.

He started it after JYP and him broke up.

Thats intresting...i never knew he had his own Company?

It’s not really that big of a deal, people don’t close things all the time.

Wow that is something. I’m glad you posted this Mia, because they know they were wrong and full of it so that their eyes were brown raspberry I’m glad he has prevailed and hopefully he’ll make a huge comeback here.

Miss.Kang - 01/01/09 10:50 pm

The petition specifically lists the one about the copyright on his name.

Yes you are right, this copyright issue ended with Rain keeping the right to use his name. Yet fans are still fwding the petition link like its an active court case.

Its Very interesting.

The petition specifically lists the one about the copyright on his name.

DUMBO - 01/01/09 9:43 pm

there’s still the breach of contract lawsuit in Hawaii.  maybe they’re talking about that:  http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-hidce/case_no-1:2007cv00342/case_id-74197/

Yeah this one court case seem to just begin a list of cases against him.

V2bGlobal , StarM, Then the Hawaii group here…

Siting that he was unwilling to perform is pretty bad.

LaraVisconti - 01/01/09 9:04 pm

Ha ha! The people involved with that Beatles tribute group are my mom’s friends.
xD
But I don’t think people really keep track of petitions. It’s like, “Oh! I like Rain. Let me sign this.” At least there are people who support him anyways.

I never thought Ipetitions were a real thing. And dude!your mom is on the in with the beatles crowd. The rest of us hardly know they exsisted. LOL! I still think we should interview her for NINGIN. LOL!

AppleSeed - 01/01/09 8:16 pm

Does it really matter that it’s still going?

Someone actually emailed me this.. a fan of his I met once in a rainusa chat. Anyway the thing is I thought it was interesting that fans are still campaigning for signatures and leaving messages.

Have you seen some of the messages left. They are pretty heart warming.

Its very touching to see that globally he does have a following.

colleen - 01/01/09 7:49 pm

I couldn’t believe they tried to sue him. Stupidest thing ever.

They did copyright the name which they should have never been allowed to do.

Plus when they were first performing their name was Reign which says to me they don’t really care what they are called.

But if anything they had more publicity due to this because they were pretty much unknown outside of the people who are beatles fanatics.

But yeah they were pretty greedy and stupid.

xD

Does it really matter that it’s still going?

He’s still okay. I mean he’s kind of a big star internationally and his new album is coming out.

Rain’s career is over as we know it. Not to be mean but he’s competing with Wonder Girls and DBSK. If he hadn’t started his own company, JYP would have thrown him away awhile ago.

There’s like a million pointless petitions on ipetitions.

Maybe the people who started it forgot to close it?

I couldn’t believe they tried to sue him. Stupidest thing ever.

lol At least he still has some lovin!