Everyone knows about the Wonder Girls dance videos on YouTube and other video sharing sites. There must be thousands of them on the interweb… Well, does everyone know that the Wonder Girls have been following this craze? In fact, they love these videos so much that they want to make an official Wonder Girls Dance Video Contest, and they asked Ningin to organize it!
This isn’t like any other contest we’ve organized. We know how serious some people take their Wonder Girls dancing, and for Wonder Girls and JYP fans, there is no greater prize than meeting them backstage at one of their concerts. So, we understand how great the responsibility is that lies before us…
Without further ado, the official contest rules:
Easy to understand, non legal speak version
1. Date: This competition starts on February 9th, 2009 to February 26th, 2009. The closing date is February 26th, 2009. No entries will be accepted as eligible after midnight on this closing date. Top ten (10) semifinalists will be announced on February 28th, 2009. Winners will be announced on March 3rd, 2009.
2. Eligibility: Only residents of the United States and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) may enter. This competition is not open to employees, volunteers, or the direct family members of employees and volunteers of Ningin or its parent company Mixr Media, LLC. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) you must obtain permission from your parent or guardian before you enter this competition. No individuals under the age of thirteen (13) may enter.
3. Entry: (A) To enter this contest, you or a group of up to five (5) friends must record yourself doing a dance routine to an eligible Wonder Girls hit song and upload it to a video sharing site such as YouTube.com, Metacafe.com, or any other similar site.
(B) In the description or meta tag of the video, you must add a thank you to Ningin.com and JYP Entertainment. A simple “Thanks to Ningin.com and JYP Entertainment” will do.
(C) Additionally, the first five (5) seconds of the video must display the following graphic.
(D) Once you’ve made your video, ensured that it follows all the criteria above, and uploaded it to a video sharing site, you then need to let us know! Send a private message to wg_contest_1 with the following information:
Your name, address, email, phone number, age, and link to your video.
If there are other members of the group, we will need their info as well. Also, designate who the group leader is by adding “(leader)” next to the name as that person will be the primary contact person for the group.
Eligible Wonder Girls songs are “Tell Me”, “Nobody”, and “So Hot.”
You may use videos you created prior to February 9th, 2009, but you will still need to add the Ningin graphic to your video and the thank you note in the description area.
4. Judging: Ningin staff members will select the top ten entries (10) based on the skill and quality of the dance routine and the adherence to the contest rules and criteria. The Wonder Girls or their representatives will then select the Grand Prize winner, the first runner-up, and the second runner-up.
5. Prizes: Grand Prize winner will receive a backstage pass to the JYP 2009 Concert in the city of their choice and autographed Wonder Girls items. First runner-up will receive tickets to the 2009 Concert in the city of their choice and autographed Wonder Girls items. Second runner-up, will receive autographed Wonder Girls items.
Autographed items will range from posters, albums, or t-shirts. Winners will be responsible for their own travel expenses.
6. Misc: You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entries must follow the entry criteria as outlined above.
Entries with incorrect email or phone numbers will be automatically disqualified. Only the winners will be contacted personally.
The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternative. Once prizes have been allocated and dispatched they cannot be transferred.
Entrants must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently. Deeming an entry void is at Ningin’s absolute discretion.
Ningin’s decision is final and binding in every situation including any not covered in these rules above.
For detailed rules, visit http://jyp.ningin.com/contest/.
Update: Changes, colored in red, were made on February 15th.
No reactions to display.