2ne1 is hot, literally. Their song FIRE lives up to its name and was the perfect introduction to a new, innovative urban dance pop group. Their song is absolutely grooving and catchy — their stage presence is lively. 2ne1 has taken After School off its crown and has taken all three Cyworld Awards!

-Rookie of the Month
-Song of the Month (lollipop with BigBang)
-Song of the Month (fire)

They raked in 200K in single sales! That’s more than a lot of top 10 US artists!! What the heck right? Most Kpop top 10 artists rarely have sold over 200k in a year. This group is really hot right now.

Check out their 2nd performance (latest)

Credits: Kbites for your translations. We love your blogging! Keep it up :)

Tags: , , , , , ,

cheekybodacious - 06/16/09 4:44 pm

lol, thats sorta why i stopped listening to jpop music. a lot of it became to cutesy and it just got so annoying. but, its a part of the culture, so there’s nothing i can do about it ^^

after school handles the sexy well.
2ne1 is tough, hiphop-ish.
kara is innocent/sweet.
snsd is cute/annoying.
Wonder girls are sexy-ish and awesome

WHAT !
SNSD annoying !
No way ! And they are not cute, they’re HOT !

after school handles the sexy well.
2ne1 is tough, hiphop-ish.
kara is innocent/sweet.
snsd is cute/annoying.
Wonder girls are sexy-ish and awesome

^agreed. at least they’re going for a different look like After School (the sexy image).^_^
but i guess Korea likes cutesy girl groups. it gets too redundant after awhile and people will always think “oh they’re a rip-off of so-and-so” and things like that.

lilly118 - 06/16/09 4:15 pm
cheekybodacious - 06/07/09 6:12 pm

congrats to them~
although, i still think After School is better than 2NE1!

i agree with you on that. I think they’re popular due to them being the female Big Bang. not bashing them or anything. I do think they’re talented but it’s just not my type of music.

there are only two things i like about 2ne1
1. CL - she is probably most talented in group.
2. their tough image. i like how they are not going for the cute/innocent look of say SNSD or Kara. it gives them more appeal i think

cheekybodacious - 06/07/09 6:12 pm

congrats to them~
although, i still think After School is better than 2NE1!

Congrats!

mikey - 06/09/09 6:41 pm
cheekybodacious - 06/09/09 3:58 pm
mikey - 06/09/09 3:05 pm

They’re not bad and not average either. Their live performances has been strong and when you have Teddy writing your music, you’re bound to have at least a few hits.  Like with “Lollipop”...even though I could tell he was inspired by N.A.S.A.’s “Gifted”....it was a hit.  Even though I’m too old for this kind of music...their spunk is better than all the boy bands acting and dressing like girls.

i’ll admit that they are edgy and act cool. but singing wise, i have not been sold. i have only seen one live performance and wasnt blown away, but they did a decent job. maybe i will like them more after a few more singles?

It’s hip hop!  You don’t need to be able to sing well...just ask Kanye.  wink

lol. you make a good point

cheekybodacious - 06/09/09 3:58 pm
mikey - 06/09/09 3:05 pm

It’s hip hop!  You don’t need to be able to sing well...just ask Kanye.  wink

Dang.
I love their Fire single.
And those ladies are so fierce wink
Keep up the good work 2ne1!

mikey - 06/09/09 3:05 pm

vuong22 - 06/08/09 12:43 pm
cheekybodacious - 06/08/09 12:41 pm
vuong22 - 06/08/09 12:40 pm

i dont like them that much there just another average girl group to me

i think the reason they are so popular is that they were hyped up to be female big bang. when really, they are just average, as you said ^^

Yes i agree with you its like they are titled by someone more popular and it makes a big hype bout them like “shes the next BoA” or “Shes just like Britney” its just not showing the artise potential if they have any

if they hadnt been promoted by YG and associated with Big Bang, i highly doubt they would be where there are today (as in, this popular)

this is realy good for them ^^

cheekybodacious - 06/08/09 12:41 pm
vuong22 - 06/08/09 12:40 pm

i dont like them that much there just another average girl group to me

vuong22 - 06/08/09 12:40 pm

i dont like them that much there just another average girl group to me

i dont like them that much there just another average girl group to me

funKEEmusik - 06/08/09 10:47 am

Korean music must not have much going on cuz I still don’t think 2ne1 is that good.

i totally agree with you~

At first I only thought 2ne1 was just ok. Now as i listen to them more, I’m starting to like them more.

I really didn’t see this coming.

Dang they were just rack’in them up!
Congrats 2Ne1

wow congrats to them.

Woah that’s so cool! They are really talented so i guess this is to be expected.

Wow congrats guy’s :D

DannyTruong - 06/07/09 6:04 pm

.. I think I’m gonna ease up on the exclamation points next time. ugh.

No I think you were going for the happy school girl tone which you achieved perfectly ^^