There wasn’t many great anime this year. A lot of them had great starts but turned disappointing later on. Otherwise they felt incomplete. Despite that, there’s still some that are good if you aren’t expecting perfection.
- Bakemonogatari is probably one of the better anime this season, though it might feel more like a picture book sometimes. The random text got annoying sometimes too, especially in the Nadeko Snake arc. Wins harem of the year though.
-Eden of the East had a really nice start. The only real disappointment was the last episode. It felt too rushed. The first episode was great though. Probably the best episode in the series.
- Mariaholic. This was pretty fun to watch although the end was chopped off or something. Hopefully this means a second season or something to continue the story.
- Cencoroll. This was really short, only half an hour. Not that it’s a bad thing. You get the entire story in 30 minutes and you can understand the characters pretty easily.
- Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou in the second season. I’m not too sure why I like this. It’s really slow, not exciting. A bit boring maybe. I really recommend giving it a try though, it’s just interesting to watch.
- Spice and Wolf is an economics class with a delicious wolf goddess that loves apples. It’s more interesting than it sounds.
- Sengoku Basara might be seen as a pile of crap to some people. But I don’t care. Any anime where some guy has exhaust pipes attached to his horse is a winner to me.
-Tower of Druaga. I liked the first season a lot more but the second season actually concluded the story in a decent way. It also introduced some nice new characters.
- Summer Wars. This is too good to describe in a few sentences. It’s my favorite anime movie this year, and maybe the best. I can’t wait for DVD releases of this.
- Sayonara,Zetsubou Sensei. There’s nothing new or different here, just more Zetsubou Sensei and his despair. Which is all good. It also has a great new opening, although I liked Kuso Rumba more.
No reactions to display.