If there’s an anime I don’t like but would benefit from being a movie, I would probably still not like it. And if it’s an anime I already like, a movie may be unnecessary and I may end up disliking it. Here are my picks for anime that need to be made into movies.
1. Berserk. While it definitely would not be able to cover any significant amount of the story, many fans including myself would most likely be satisfied with watching Guts tear demons up. Two hours of nothing but Guts swinging his sword is one of the most entertaining things I can think of.
2. Baccano. Anything continuing the story would be great. Doesn’t have to be a movie but I’m desperate for anything.
3. Anything by Fukumoto Nobuyuki. Kaiji, Akagi, Ten, Buraiden Gai would all work great as a movie, especially considering how the series for Akagi and Kaiji ended in such an open way.
4. The Big O. Batman has several movies, so why can’t Batman with a Mecha have a movie? Something that works like a side story similar to the Cowboy Bebop movies would probably be really entertaining.
5. Gintama. There’s already a million possible spin-offs they explored in the series. Grabbing any idea and throwing it in a movie would be great. They could make a film called Gintama and have it be the single still frame of that house with dialogue between the characters and I would still watch it.
No reactions to display.