If there’s an anime I don’t like but would benefit from being a movie, I would probably still not like it. And if it’s an anime I already like, a movie may be unnecessary and I may end up disliking it. Here are my picks for anime that need to be made into movies.

1. Berserk. While it definitely would not be able to cover any significant amount of the story, many fans including myself would most likely be satisfied with watching Guts tear demons up. Two hours of nothing but Guts swinging his sword is one of the most entertaining things I can think of.

2. Baccano. Anything continuing the story would be great. Doesn’t have to be a movie but I’m desperate for anything.

3. Anything by Fukumoto Nobuyuki. Kaiji, Akagi, Ten, Buraiden Gai would all work great as a movie, especially considering how the series for Akagi and Kaiji ended in such an open way.

4. The Big O. Batman has several movies, so why can’t Batman with a Mecha have a movie? Something that works like a side story similar to the Cowboy Bebop movies would probably be really entertaining.

5. Gintama. There’s already a million possible spin-offs they explored in the series. Grabbing any idea and throwing it in a movie would be great. They could make a film called Gintama and have it be the single still frame of that house with dialogue between the characters and I would still watch it.

This blog posting is part of The Japanese Film Royale special.

I’m afraid to post a YouTube link with the sound here, it might scare you guys. So I won’t do that. smile

conkwe - 02/03/10 5:04 am

^ Huh? Noise? What? I’m curious to know what you guys are talking about but I’m too scared to watch the movie. =\

I agree. I would cry. Seriously!

^ yeah i can do it too

^ I can make that noise, it’s rather annoying. ^_^

the grudge

^ The Grudge or the kid who makes a bird noise? LOL

^ no ive only seen the parodies of it, but one time i was in the photography darkroom and someone was making that noise and some of my friends freaked out, i just laughed cuz it was hilarious

^ You saw it? I didn’t know that. Ha ha XD

^ haha all my friends were freaked out by it, i laughed.

I couldn’t help but laugh a lot during The Grudge. (USA) Nothing was scary at all.

Koyuki is soooo beautiful, I became a fan after watching Kimi wa Pet. She’s really cool and she’s dating Matsuyama how lucky is she (or how lucky is he xD)

Ugh. I haven’t seen The Ring, The Grudge, or One Missed Call. I can’t watch scary movies. =\

the ring was so funny

Whoa, I didn’t realize that Koyuki was the girl in The Last Samurai. And I’ve seen that movie so many times too. I liked her in Kimi wa Petto with Matsumoto Jun. That show was funny. I still have to see Blood: The Last Vampire.

I love Koyuki!! She is so amazing!

He is so amazing!!! I’m kind of depressed that he is dating Koyuki, but I love her so it’s all good. raspberry

He could say he’s like the Johnny Depp of Japan.

thats exactly what i was thinking! I loved Detroit Metal City, he pulled off those weird chars so well, same for playing L.

but UNF. i want me a slice of that yo. XD

cheekybodacious - 01/27/10 12:30 am

^ Make sure to watch Departures. good movie right there. I think like everyone who enjoys japanese shows has seen HYD and HK~

Yeah, I know. I heard so much about it. It’s definitely on my top list to watch. Though I do still have to finish Boys Over Flowers. =\

I’m also gonna add Ping Pong and Waterboys to my list to watch. Looks interesting.

The Big O! I remember watching that on cartoon network. great show :D
I would enjoy a movie version~

conkwe - 01/26/10 10:48 pm

^ Yeah, it would be weird if Miyazaki’s movies weren’t mentioned. His movies are classics.

cheekybodacious - 01/26/10 5:53 am
LindseyCosta - 01/26/10 3:59 am
^Everything you said about I agree with. I watched the trailer before I watched the movie, and it didn’t really bother me, but I can see how it would bother other people.
So I found an Oguri Shun fangirl? :D

I guess I’m and Oguri Shun fanboy? no homo. I watched him in Hana Yori Dango and Hana Kimi. seems like cool guy, and a good actor...plus, he is like the only japanese actor I can name off the top of my head, haha.

Definitely watch Ping Pong. Its hilarious. Departures was a great movie, and I think it one an Oscar for like best foreign film. Suicide Club was really intense. When I first watched it, I had no idea what to expect as I hadnt seen a trailer for it.

Haha. Yep, I’m an Oguri Shin fan girl. I loved Hana Yori Dango and Hana Kimi too! Those were the shows I watched that got me into J-dramas.

I still haven’t seen Departures yet. I wanna watch it soon, hopefully when I’m on break from school.

Yay!!!!

cheekybodacious - 01/27/10 12:30 am

Is it bad that I haven’t? >.< I couldn’t really get into Hana Yori Dango, which I think it has part in that I didn’t want her to choose who she did. For Hana Kimi, I really need to get on that. :3 It looks hilarious, but I just haven’t done it yet. :(

cheekybodacious - 01/26/10 5:53 am
LindseyCosta - 01/26/10 3:59 am

So I found an Oguri Shun fangirl? :D

Haha, Sorry! I just assumed. raspberry My bad!! Seriously, I feel really bad.
He is a really good actor. He’s directing his first movie too if I’m not mistaken. :O I might be though.
I crack up at the Ping Pong trailer. XD Departures looks really good. I was excited when it won even though I hadn’t seen it.
Same thing with me for the Suicide Club. My friend and I watched it together, and that night I sent her a text saying “Good night! From the Suicide Club.”

I swear I read somewhere that they were making Gintama. . . I may possibly be completely wrong, and be thinking something else or I read it wrong. :O