The 59 year old chef was taken to the hospital after complaining about abdominal pain, dehydration and anal bleeding. He was in a state of shock. Doctors decided to do an incision in his belly to see what the problem was. It was soon discovered that a 50 centimeter long (~20 inches) Asian swamp eel was stuck inside his rectum.
The eel was dead when they discovered it but it had already eaten part of the man’s innards before it died. The man was in intensive care for 10 days before he passed away from the injuries.
How did the eel get inside his body anyway? It was reported that he was eating a lot of eel the day before he went to the hospital but that couldn’t have been the reason. People suspect that when he was out drinking with friends, he passed out and the eel was inserted into him for his friends’ amusement. The case is still under investigation.
This is just disturbing beyond words. I can’t imagine the pain the man must have felt. And if his friends really did insert the eel in him, why would they do that?! Couldn’t they just have drawn on his face or shaved his head? Putting an eel up someone’s butt is not funny.
No reactions to display.