As many of you know, DBSK has halted all their group activities for an indefinite amount of time. Shortly afterwards, it was announced that Junsu, Yoochun, and Jaejoong had signed an exclusive contract with AVEX and would be performing together under a single unit…without Changmin or Yunho. Plans for a concert named Thanksgiving Live in Dome (appropriately named for the trio to give their thanks to the fans for waiting patiently for them) were also announced, which would take place in June:

June 5 – 6th @ Osaka Kyocera Dome
June 12 – 13th @ Tokyo Dome

Although the news was certainly disheartening, fans such as myself found solace in the fact that the trio would be performing on stage again, pursuing their dreams once more and bringing the gift of their music back to their fans amidst the somber silence that had settled during their absence from the music scene.

However, it seems as though this concert did not work out as planned, according to some Japanese blogs. The concert’s tickets were sold through a lottery system. According to Max Matsuura, the CEO of AVEX, over a million applications were received. The bad news? It turns out that many people applied (and won), only to immediately go onto Japanese auction sites to resell the tickets while simultaneously inflating their value. Some sellers have more than one tickets for sale, because they applied for the lottery under their friends’ names. For the fans that simply wanted to buy the tickets instantly, without the hassle of bidding, the price was 10000 yen, which is approximately $1080 USD. Look, I’m a die-hard fan of DBSK–I admit it…but even I wouldn’t pay that much for a ticket! At Ticket Ryutsu, there were tickets going for 15000 yen, which is approximately $1630 USD. What’s even more shocking is that these ticket prices are actually being negotiated!

In light of the deluge of complaints that are most likely making their way to AVEX right now and the protests being sent through Twitter, Max Matsuura has confirmed that 90% of the tickets have gone to BigEast members. This in itself is just really horrible. Did people join BigEast just to exploit DBSK for money? It certainly seems this way. We really don’t need another repeat of SM Entertainment. There was even a mother who encouraged her daughter to join the auctioning of tickets as she claimed that “it is better than to gain money from morally questionable places.”

Joining the fanclub and/or buying tickets just to make a profit is just wrong and unfair to all the people who actually love DBSK. I really hope that this can all somehow be resolved and true fans of DBSK can attend the concert without getting severely ripped off, though I’m not sure what AVEX can do at this point besides declaring all the the tickets invalid and either 1) sell the tickets in a different way or 2) redo the lottery, which probably wouldn’t solve the problem. (And then all the true fans that got tickets during the first round would be unhappy.) There would be conflict either way and you can’t please everyone, but the way this turned out just seems so very wrong to me.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think there are any possible solutions for AVEX?

(Thanks for bearing with me on this extremely long blog post!)

Sources: DBSKnights and allkpop

SuzanneLin - 05/25/10 2:13 am
MusicMyLove - 05/24/10 11:34 pm
SuzanneLin - 05/24/10 9:31 pm
MusicMyLove - 05/24/10 9:28 pm

just out of curiosity, but is anyone from ningin attending this concert?

That would be amazingly awesome, but it’s in Japan, so my guess is no? xD

awww :( my dad’s friend had some inside connection at the ticketing company so he was able to get me a ticket. i was kinda hoping id be able to meet somewhere there

Holy...if you can get me a ticket, I’d gladly meet you there! smile
Haha, just kidding, but please bring me back fancams and long fan accounts! Omg, you’re so lucky!

i dont where im sitting so it might not be very good seats, but ill definitely tell you how it goes. ive honestly never been to a concert before, and i really wasnt expecting to be able to go all the way to japan for this. im super duper excited but i really dont know what to expect

MusicMyLove - 05/24/10 11:34 pm
SuzanneLin - 05/24/10 9:31 pm
MusicMyLove - 05/24/10 9:28 pm

just out of curiosity, but is anyone from ningin attending this concert?

That would be amazingly awesome, but it’s in Japan, so my guess is no? xD

Holy...if you can get me a ticket, I’d gladly meet you there! smile

SuzanneLin - 05/24/10 9:31 pm
MusicMyLove - 05/24/10 9:28 pm

just out of curiosity, but is anyone from ningin attending this concert?

That would be amazingly awesome, but it’s in Japan, so my guess is no? xD

MusicMyLove - 05/24/10 9:28 pm

just out of curiosity, but is anyone from ningin attending this concert?

That would be amazingly awesome, but it’s in Japan, so my guess is no? xD

just out of curiosity, but is anyone from ningin attending this concert?

Wow thats a lot of dough. Do I get backstage passes and a dinner?

“Joining the fanclub and/or buying tickets just to make a profit is just wrong and unfair to all the people who actually love DBSK.”
yea, it’s not good to use their popularity just to do lottery things and such.

Terrible. Fans are trying to see the actual concert are being ripped off :/ How can people be so.. ridiculous by making a profit like that!? --;; Crazy. Hope this is resolved soon, although it doesn`t seem it will be easy o-o;;

Oh gosh.... this isn’t right.

kissthelollipop - 05/03/10 7:47 am

I think that maybe they should have sold it in a first-come-first-serve basis, and stop all the auctioning stuff (maybe?)

I’m quite confused about how to solve this kind of problems, but I think the lottery system is not really fair either. And certainly using the auctioning of the tickets to earn money for yourself is very very very wrong, (what is wrong with those people). If they don’t want the tickets, they shouldn’t be take advantages of the tickets (or more like taking advantage of JaeChunSu).

And if I got hold of the ticket and it had to be re-sold, I would definitely be very unhappy. Aish I don’t know but, I really hope those who really really really want the tickets could get them and go to the concert to watch Jaechunsu smile

(*sigh* Wish I could go, but that’s impossible D:)

Haha, yeah…

The problem with selling it on a first-come-first serve basis is that 1) the servers will probably crash like crazy and 2) ticket scalpers can get tickets just as easily if they have fast computers.

wow! no way would I pay that much to see anyone!

whoa wat is this? thats jacked up man. people gotta stop exploiting dbsk on their popularity, just let them do a friggin concert for their fans. respect the artists yall.

(*sigh* Wish I could go, but that’s impossible D:)

With regards to fans that got a tickets but can’t go to the concert, I feel like that’s quite unlikely thus far in this situation, taking account of the fact that these tickets surfaced on Japanese auction sites right after the lottery was over. So unless the people who got tickets found out right after they won that they couldn’t attend the concert, I find it highly improbable that the people on the sites were actual fans.

However, if I did get a ticket and for some reason could not make the day of the concert, I think I would rather offer the ticket to friends who I know would really want to see the concert for the original price rather than selling it to a complete stranger online, even if I could potentially make a big profit. Of course, I won’t lie and say that I definitely wouldn’t succumb to the temptation if the need for money is great enough--I am only human, after all. But yeah, I’m pretty sure the fans don’t inflate the tickets...it’s definitely the scalpers.

And point taken about ticket selling not always being illegal. I live in New York, where on pretty much every ticket, they tell you that the ticket may not be redistributed or something like that. I thought it was illegal in most places though…

I’m also aware that there have been tickets for concerts that have gone higher, and I admit to getting totally caught up in the moment and forgetting about them. xD

Yeah, I agree with everyone saying it was unfair when people bought tickets just to resell them at an inflated price. But I’m more interested in the fans who got a ticket but can’t attend the concert. After reading everyone’s response about how unfair this is, now I’m curious to know. If you guy’s got a ticket but couldn’t go to the concert, would you be as fair as you want everyone else to be and sell your ticket for face value when you can easily get hundreds more for it? I know a few would be nice enough to do that, but the majority of people wouldn’t and would probably want to get the most out of it. Assuming they’re fans, it’s not like they want to take advantage of DBSK, but more so that it would be beneficial for them to take advantage of their situation, which I think a good sum of the ticket sellers may be doing. It’s pretty much all about supply and demand. It’s not the fans that set the inflated price, but probably the ticket scalpers who did so.

FYI, reselling tickets isn’t illegal, at least not entirely. It depends on the state laws and the event rules of ticket reselling.

A bit of a side note, there have been ticket sales before that went up to $3000 per ticket. This didn’t happen for just one concert, but actually for quite a couple of concerts. I think these were just by regular ticket selling too, not by the lottery system. And we all thought a $1000 ticket was bad. Being a DBSK fan can be harsh on the wallet sometimes. =\

kuryuuxx - 04/30/10 9:56 pm

Yes, it’s definitely ok to have higher priorities in life over DBSK. But the people who are selling it for insane prices, I personally believe that they are just selling it to make a profit and to .. i guess get wealthier.. off their idols. [ 1000 is a lot >__> ]. They really could ahve just left the limited tickets alone and allow another die hard fan to attend their concert. The biggest problem I have with this is the inflation that happens. I mean, it just really isn’t fair to the fans and to DBSk/AVEX. It’s like they’re putting on a concert so that others can profit. It’s different if you’re selling it out at a more reasonable price, but raising it all the way to 1.somethingk? That’s ridiculous. Honestly, if someone is just looking to make a huuuge profit off of their idols, I don’t really think they are truely fans. They would not, and probably would never, use DBSK for their own benefit.  And it just isn’t fair nor respectful to the idols and their fans.

i agree with you and i think that there just going for a profit and 1000 is quite a bit

conkwe - 04/30/10 3:14 am

This reminds me of the Miley Cyrus’s ticket scalper problems.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be judged when I’m saying this, but honestly, if I was in a situation where I had won a ticket to their concert, I’d consider selling it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of them and I’d love to see them in concert, but I’d also need to think realistically about it. I have more important priorities in life than a concert, so if I could sell that ticket to pay some bills, I’d probably do it. I’d be content with fan videos and concert DVDs (I buy them anyway). And they’re pretty active artists, so there would be many more concerts to attend to in the future. But just because you don’t go to the concert for the sake of more important priorities doesn’t mean you’re not a fan. I admit, it is pretty selfish to do that, but a girl’s gotta eat somehow. I’m thinking a lot of people who are selling their tickets have the same mindset as I do.

I still hate it though when the situation’s reversed. I remember I wanted to go to the Final Fantasy XIII Launch Party, but they only raffled off tickets and people were ticket scalping online for a lot of money. But being that these were really rare tickets, I understood the supply and demand of the tickets and thought it was understandable for people to sell them at high prices. It still sucks though when you’re on the end of wanting limited tickets.

I’d understand that fans would have priorities in life over DBSK, but I don’t think that they should use ticket scalping to earn money, especially when they’re selling the tickets at such an inflated price. It’s really unfair to the fans that wanted to see them and each concert is unique in a special way, so seeing a different concert might not necessarily be the same. Reselling tickets is technically also illegal. I wasn’t saying that just because fans might have prioritized other things over seeing a concert doesn’t mean that they aren’t true fans. It’s when people join a fan club just to buy tickets with the sole intention of reselling them, especially when they’re not even interested in the artist (which I believe was mainly the case here). As for the actual DBSK fans, who might have resold their tickets, I think they should look to more honorable things to make money in...at the very least, as fans, they shouldn’t have inflated it to such a ridiculous amount.

I totally understand that fans have more important priorities than their idols (and they should), but I still think it’s wrong to take advantage of the limited ticket supply to make an enormous profit.

This reminds me of the Miley Cyrus’s ticket scalper problems.

this is just plain wrong! i mean some people who really want to go but can because they didnt get the tickets because someone won it and sold it somewhere for a higher price is just PLAIN WRONG! some people are just taking advantage of tvxq’s situation! they know a lot of people are dying to see them perform again and would sell wayy too expensive tickets D;

Yeah that’s really true. People will still find ways around it and sell it to others for profit. Guess aht’s something that’s hard to stop ey? Servers have crashed before when people started ordering tickets xD just shows how popular the group is :]

SuzanneLin - 04/29/10 9:41 pm

Thanks, guys! ^^

Even if AVEX didn’t sell the tickets through a lottery system, it would probably end up being on a first come first serve basis and people who want to resell tickets still have a decent chance at getting tickets if they have an insanely fast computer. Then again, the server would probably crash, since there were more than a million people interested in the concert, true fans or not. Either way, people would have the chance to make an unfair profit...when there’s a will, there’s a way, I guess. xP

yeah..love your comment.
i agree with you..

..hahaaaiiizt!

Thanks, guys! ^^

^Yeaa it is!!! I mean, I’d understand if they were buying it for friends and selling to friends that aren’t in Bigeast at the same price though. NOt at such outrageous prices. Selling them off randomly for money!! If they want money that badly, go get another job. Gosh.