Oricon released the list of Japan’s top selling manga for the first half of 2010 and surprise, surprise, more than half of the series come from Shonen Jump. Let’s see if your favorite series made it to the top…
This list is made up of manga sales from November 23, 2009 to May 23, 2010:
1. One Piece; 15,220,095 copies sold
4. Fullmetal Alchemist; 3,169,048 copies sold
5. Nodame Cantabile; 3,029,300 copies sold
6. Bleach; 2,626,932 copies sold
7. Kimi Ni Todoke; 2,533,556 copies sold
8. Gintama; 2,376,060 copies sold
9. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!; 2,083,508 copies sold
10. Bakuman; 1,574,448 copies sold
Dang, One Piece is on a roll hitting the 15 million mark. That’s above 10 million copies more sold than Naruto in second place. After second place the number of copies sold are relatively close. Nodame Cantabile and Kimi Ni Todoke are the only shojo titles in the top ten and the rest are shonen. I wasn’t expecting Kimi Ni Todoke to be in this list. I didn’t know it was that popular in Japan. But I guess it’s no surprise since the series has a way of tickling your heart.
Did your favorite series make the cut?