At a recent World Cup concert to cheer on South Korea, 4Minute’s Hyuna was seen in a shirt with big holes on the side exposing a lot of skin. Apparently, too much skin for the Korean audience.

Before South Korea faced off with Argentina last week, 4Minute held a live concert to cheer on their national team. Aside from their performance, Hyuna gained some unwanted attention from people as they criticized her for wearing something that bared too much of her skin.

Hyuna defended her outfit by saying “Singers should be able to choose the costumes they want to wear while performing. Fashion is popular all around the world, but in Korea, fashion is more strict due to the conservative culture. Many things I wear are somehow tied into a controversy, and that’s very disappointing. I just want to show my true self on stage, and tying in my costume with the performance.”

But what is your true self, Hyuna?

Source

Tags: , , ,

TucTo - 06/23/10 11:18 pm

I think what most people have a problem with is that she’s only 17 years old. In addition, many young girls are looking up to her as an “idol” and a “role model.” The point here is that young girls are being told that dressing like a skank is what’s “cool” and that it’s completely okay. You might argue that people have more common sense than that, but you’d be surprised. I should introduce you to some Miley Cyrus fans that went to my high school… =.=”

this. so hard. I don’t know why people find this so difficult to understand.

Niecydc - 06/24/10 2:21 am

eh? too much skin? I dont really thing so but I do see a bit of a problem with her bra showing.

agree

sherrie - 06/24/10 12:18 am

i think change too~~i think at her age it will be good not to expose too much -v-

yeah… doesn’t she feel awkward wearing just THAT at her age? i mean, okay, so she has a nice body but… well, what difference does age make nowadays, anyway?

well, i’m still her fan, though. XD

Doesn’t seem that bad..

lol, i was surprise at her comment

thats not too much skin
she has the body so she should show it
and why are they complaining shes preformance is at the top
she should be able to express herself
go hyuna <3

i guess it’s just for performances....

I didn’t have a problem with it until I saw that black thing is her bra but as far as skin it’s not worse than some girl groups that show their legs that go on for days. If she has to stop they should too skin is skin.

yeah actually its okay for me
but she should respect korean culture
i think performing is not just about showing your true self but respect the audience too hehe
but i’m still your fans,hyuna :D

hyunah has a nice body and she should be able to show it off (:
thats not too much skin psh have you seen secrets magic mv, lots and lots of skin :D
oh no now its stuck in my head xD

paperbunnies - 06/23/10 2:32 pm

I like how adult she sounded when she explained her opinion - because of that, I really agree with what she said. So people should just let her be since she isn’t just another girl but has a job of a performer too

yeah, and I’m sure she also sounded really ‘adult’ in explaining why 4minute gave such a ghastly rendition of “tell me” (http://community.livejournal.com/omonatheydidnt/937039.html) : “The time we were given for practice is not enough. It is a pity because we wanted to show a more perfect performance.”

truthfully speaking, practice time really wasn’t an excuse. I mean, their dance moves ended up being all right. but hyuna’s singing, oh, her singing—it was just straight-up horrendous. and no “how adult she sounded when she explained her opinion” could have hidden the truth of how incredibly bad her performance was.

LindseyCosta - 06/23/10 2:30 pm

a lot of girls want to be like her

oh, how I fear for our generation.

It’s not that bad. I mean, I see girls that play sports wearing this all the time. It’s just that she’s 17, and a lot of girls want to be like her.

ndhaa - 06/23/10 1:54 pm

so did she choose the outfit by herself?

maybe it was the stylist… and it isn’t that bad

Michell - 06/23/10 12:41 pm

I think she should respect the Korean culture and just adapt to it.
A spectacular performance doesn’t need to have clothes that show too much persé^^

EXACTLY. there are countless examples of good performances by female celebrities without revealing outfits.

so did she choose the outfit by herself?

I think she should respect the Korean culture and just adapt to it.

NOW I KNOW WHY THE KOREAN TEAM WAS DEFEATED BY ARGENTINA’s...~
This is the reason.............LMAO!!!!!

Whatever floats her boat smile
4Mintute! <3

well for me i think it’s not proper because of the culture in korea.. but if she likes it then it’s a go go go for me tooo! ^^ 4minute hwaiting!

same problem with my country. people will start talking about the shirt and bla bla bla.. people in my country think that young girls (all women) shouldn’t dress like that in front of people. i think it depends on culture, custom, or habit in each country ^ ^

any criticism of hyuna is always good criticism. because those fans of hers need to take off those rosy-coloured glasses and see some TRUTH and REALITY for once.

this obviously isn’t the first time, and I thoroughly applaud the media for slamming the issue every time she pulls some crap like this. the short-shorts in muzik, the oh-so-"subtle" jacket move at the GDAs to ~reveal her shoulder~, the ever-present ass-shaking, and of course now this.

if she has to compensate for her total lack of talent by doing stuff like this, it’s both the fault of cube for failing to train her up to par (and by extension, jyp), and hyuna for, well, sucking. and her real self? probably one of those bikini model wannabes taking self-pics of themselves in washrooms and uploading them on myspace.

She’s so sexy ^^ they’re just insecure XD