There are so many talented singers all over the world. Are you one of them? If so, you should enter our Great Asian Song-Off contest. We here at Ningin - one of the largest Asian entertainment sites in the world - want to help others find you. And we want to reward you for your talents by giving out the latest cool Apple products like an iPad, iPod Touch, and iTunes gift card. All you need to do is make a Youtube video showing off your great voice and letting us know via the comments below. You don’t need to be Asian to enter, but you do have to pick songs from Asian artists because we’re also about promoting Asian media to a mainstream audience. Read on for more details!
Official Rules for the The Great Asian Song-Off presented by Ningin.com
By entering this Contest, Participants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. Eligibility: The Great Asian Song-Off Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom (England, Wales and Scotland) who are at least sixteen (16) years old at the time of entry. Children under the age of 18 may be asked to provide parental consent. Employees and freelancers of Mixr Media, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Dates: The Contest will consist of two phases, (the “Entry Phase”) which beings on September 12, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (”EST”) and ends on October 20th 11:59 p.m EST and the (”Voting Phase”) beginning on October 24th, 2010 12:00 p.m. EST and ends on November 17th, 2010 at 11:59 a.m. EST.
3. Entry Phase: During the Entry Phase Period as listed in Section 2, perform the following tasks:
- Follow the Ningin fanpage on Facebook and ‘like’ this post on Facebook. (Use the convenient Facebook ‘like’ button on the top right.)
- Follow Ningin on Twitter and retweet this text:
- Record a video of yourself singing an Asian song, upload it to YouTube, including “#AsianSongOff” in your video’s title AND add “Entry for the Great Asian Song-Off presented by Ningin.com” in the video’s description. Be sure to link to Ningin.com in your description.
Video Submission Requirements:
* Song cover selection (”Song Choice”) must be from the track listings of published albums by an artist of Asian descent.
* Song Choice cannot be a mashup or remix unless the mashup or remix can be found on the track listing of a published album by an artist of Asian descent.
* Video recording must be an authentic, original video taken by you of yourself or a knowing participant.
* Only one performer per video. Group submissions will not be considered.
* Multiple videos may be submitted. Only one video per contestant will be selected to the Voting Phase.
The Submission must NOT contain:
Nudity, lewd or vulgar behavior; Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; Images and/or artwork that that are copyrighted, trademarked, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material; Gratuitous violence; Drug use; Smoking; Material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by Federal, State, or Local Law, Ordinance, or Regulation; and Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state or country where the Submission is created.
Failure of any Submission to comply with the above, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, will result in disqualification. Sponsor or Administrator may disqualify previously published videos that have won previous contests.
Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and publish any or all of the Submissions, and may use them in any media without attribution or compensation to the entrant, her successors or assigns, or any other entity. ENTERING A SUBMISSION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT, CONVEYANCE, AND TRANSFERENCE TO SPONSOR OF ALL RIGHT, TITLE, AND INTEREST IN THE SUBMISSION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COPYRIGHTS. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries that are void. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules may be declared ineligible.
4. Voting Phase: Sponsors, in their sole discretion, will select up to twenty-five (25) videos deemed talented, from all eligible entries received during the only Entry Phase Period, on or around each of the dates listed in Section 2. Sponsor will provide a voting mechanism on Ningin.com for registered members of the Ningin Community to vote for their favorite videos starting on or around October 24th, 2010.
5. Winners selection. On or about November 10th, 2010, the Sponsor will select the one grand prize winner, one runner-up prize winner, and one second-runner up prize winner using the Voting Phase totals. The potential winners will be notified by Youtube private message, Ningin private message, or email (in Sponsor’s discretion) within ten (10) days of selection. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects, and by participating, entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and the Sponsor and Judges’ decisions. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by selecting the next highest vote tally from all remaining eligible entries from the applicable Voting Phase Period. Only three (3) alternate selections will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 3-6 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
6. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: A 16GB Apple iPad (ARV = $599.00). One (1) Runner-Up Prize: An 8GB iPod Touch (ARV = $199.00). One (1) Second Runner-Up Prize: A $50 iTunes gift card. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: ONE (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Mixr Media and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsors’ and its agents’ use of winner’s username, name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsors reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sweepstakes reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively to the jurisdiction of the federal court in New York City of New York, a state court in New York City, New York, New York City Municipal Court, or any other forum in the New York City area for any disputes arising out of this Agreement. (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
* YouTube is not a sponsor of the Contest and has no responsibility or liability regarding the conduct or administration of the Contest.
** Apple is not a sponsor of this promotion. Apple, Apple.com, and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple, Inc. or its affiliates. iTunes Gift Cards may be used only to purchase eligible goods on iTunes or its affiliated websites.
If you have questions or want to discuss this contest, put them in this thread. The comment belows are only for entries and questions there will not be answered.