Starting to realize Glee’s title episodes really implies on the plot of the story. In this episode, Gwyneth Paltrow made her much hyped guest appearance as a substitute teacher Holly Holiday. Holly replaced Will as both Spanish teacher and glee club director, Sue becomes principal, and Terri makes her comeback. Her baby voice drives me insane! The whole ‘substitute’ theme may seem like a disaster, but it worked out perfectly. Read on for highlights and thoughts on the episode, The Subsitute.
(Warning: Spoiler Alert)
- Terri returns back to school
- Will catches a virulent strain of the monkey flu and imagines a choir room full of mini-Gleeks
- Holly arrives as Will’s substitute
- Holly seemed perfect with the flawless Spanish accent, performs an impressive version of Cee-Lo Greens’ “Forget You,” did a car-wheel while performing “Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag” from Chicago with Rachel.
- She seemed like the coolest teacher ever until she revealed the fact that she can’t commit to staying at one school for more than a month
- Kurt was so excited about his new friendship with Blaine
I think they upped their budget for this episode. Gwyneth and the rest of the Gleeks seemed to be having a blast, so that made this a fun episode for me. However, what surprised me was the scene between Holly, Will, and Terri. I thought Holly and Will might flirt and make Emma jealous, but she wasn’t even in the episode. I’m really disappointed that Will hooked up with Terri because now he looks like a jerk for leading her on. Yeah, he was sick with the monkey flu and maybe didn’t have the best judgment, but I hate that they even went down this road again.
What do you think of this development and the whole episode?
No reactions to display.