Looks like Glee decided to have a little fun with Tuesday night’s episode, Silly Love Songs. This episode was a celebration of Valentine’s Day that was filled with cheesy flirting, kissing and of course, singing. Minus the bullying, it was a relief of stress due to all the drama that has been taking place in Glee as it felt very.. cheerful. Read on for my highlights and thoughts:
- Puck has a new love interest who is Lauren
- Artie and Mike profess their love for girlfriends Brittany and Tina by singing “P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)” by Michael Jackson.
- Kurt gets crushed when Blaine’s love interest is Jeremiah instead of him
- Santana fights with Lauren in the hallway
- Quinn develops a love triangle between Sam and Finn
- Santana comes up with a plan to expose Quinn and Finn, leaving Rachel hurt by Finn’s lack of feelings for her
- Puck performs a rocking stage with “Fat-Bottomed Girls’ which created hilarious awkward sideways glandes from glee club members, particularly Santana
- Rachel sings Firework by Katy Perry to express her unfortunate feelings towards Finn.
It may seem like a dramatic episode, but trust me, watching this made me laugh and giggle numerously! Overall, Glee brought us some lovely Valentine’s Day tunes and examined the aspects of successful and failed relationships, emphasizing all the difficult and romantic relationships around the world.
What do you think? Was this a good way to celebrate Valentine’s Day?