When watching Korean dramas, we all tend to fall in love with the main characters. However, in many dramas, besides the leads, there’s always that one character you always look forward to seeing. Maybe because those side characters have the super cute roles, who are dorky and hilarious or are just amazingly hot and full of charisma. They don’t have as much lines or appearances as the mains, but they are still very important and just makes the drama so much more lovable. Here are my top 7 favorite side characters in Korean dramas in no particular order.
1. Jeremy, played by F.T Island’s Hong Ki, in You’re Beautiful - Who didn’t love Jeremy in You’re Beautiful?! He was a happy-go-lucky, dorky, naive, and absolutely lovable character who made you laugh every single time. His hairstyles changed often and was the cutest blondie I’ve ever seen in a drama. He provided the main lead, Go Mi Nam, comfort and friendship and just brightened up all the scenes he appeared in.
And when he felt heartbroken and was crying during the bus scene, I’m sure it was the most touching scene that had fans crying their hearts out with him because he looked oh-so precious.
2. So Yi Jung from Boys Over Flowers, played by Kim Bum - You probably had a tough choice choosing your favorite F4 member, but I’m sure many of you would choose Yi Jung. Kim Bum’s role became a very popular one among fans due to his charming looks. Although he was quite arrogant, he still a typical dream guy that all girls would fall for. His love line with Ga Eul made the drama even more memorable and cute.
3. Park Dong Joo from My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, played by No Minwoo - He was probably the hottest immortal vet I’ve ever seen. I literally flailed my arms around and squealed every time he appeared. I loved him so much I even wanted him to be the person who ends up with Mi Ho!
4. The Scheduler from 49 Days, played by Jung Il Woo - He was one fine modern “grim reaper.” Not to mention he was also a fashionista! The Scheduler brought much laughter to the audience even when he was pissed off.
5. Geon Lee, the assistant cook in My Princess, played by Beast’s Ki Kwang - Ki Kwang was already adorable to begin with so being this character was probably a cinch for him. He played the role of the princess’ companion and cook, where he was incredibly cute while doing it! My favorite scene was when the princess asked him to pretend to be her at the palace while she had to stay in the hospital.
6. Okay, because I really couldn’t decide if I loved Jason (Wooyoung) more or Pil Suk (IU) more, I think the Milky Couple as a whole were my favorite side characters of Dream High. Their chemistry was absolutely amazing and adorable! IU was so adorable even when she was chubby, and Wooyoung’s slick dance moves were so mesmerizing. I loved every single one of their scenes and always wished for more.
7. And of course, everyone’s newest favorite: Yeo Joon Hee from Heartstrings, played by CN Blue’s drummer, Min Hyuk! - Even though this drama started airing recently, it only takes not even a full episode to fall in love with this guy. He calls anyone ‘hyung’ if they buy him food regardless of age, eats a lot, can smell food from afar, looks like a hobo, and is just like an adorable little kid! However, when he’s onstage as The Stupid’s drummer, he goes from a hungry hobo guy to a total hottie!
Do you have anymore to add? If so, what was their character like?