We just received notice today that on February 1st, Facebook is planning to phase out parts of their Facebook Connect feature. Unfortunately, this may disable the Facebook Connect login system that we use on this site and on other sites in the Mixr network. For this reason, we ask that all Facebook Connect users convert their Facebook Connect accounts to Mixr Network accounts. To do so, simply visit the Settings page in your Profile and click on Facebook to Mixr Account. Following the instructions on that page will allow you to setup a password so that you can login into any site on the Mixr network with one username and password. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS YOUR ACCOUNT MAY NO LONGER BE ACCESSIBLE AFTER FEBRUARY 1ST. You’ll also lose all EXP, Reward Points, Pins, and any other special feature tied to your account.

Instructions on how to convert your account in more details:

1. Be logged in.
2. Go to this page: Facebook to Mixr Account
3. Enter your email address in the form.
4. Click on the link in your email.
5. Enter a password and submit. A confirmation page will appear saying the process has been completed.

We will be forcing all Facebook Connect users to do this in a few days but you can take care of it now via the instructions above.

FAQ:

Why can’t you retrieve my account after February 1st?
Because Facebook acted as your authentication and verified who you are. Once Facebook Connect ceases to function, we won’t be able to retrieve accounts because we have no way of verifying who you are.

Why do you say that our account MAY be inaccessible after February 1st?
We get notices from Facebook all the time that things will get removed or discontinued. We don’t know if Facebook will actually do something they say they’re going to do until they do it. However, to be on the safe side, you should just convert your account.

Are you going to implement or fix Facebook Connect in the future?
We don’t know. It’s tedious to have to comply with the ever changing demands that Facebook puts on us. It’s more likely that we’ll consider Twitter or Google logins instead.

Tags: ,

Recent Reactions:

kimkibum91 reacted: WTF
nina0211 reacted: LOL, Heartbreak
viarviar reacted: Hearts
futakoboshi reacted: Hearts, Cool
OmnomnomCookiez reacted: Hearts
pika342 reacted: Hearts

I’ve converted it to a Mixr account now, but can i still access it if, say, i deactivate my facebook account? I tried it a few days ago and tried to log in but it said my account was not activated. Please have an answer for me asap! Thank you!

Basically, what’s happening with you tifffff, is that someone else has already used your email address or you are trying to use someone else’s email address.

There’s no way for us to know which is happening. Considering that we require verification of email addresses, most likely the other person has already verified the email address in question.

I would just make a new email address. It takes less than a minute to sign up for a gmail or yahoo email account.

Hoc - 01/28/12 5:22 pm

All you people getting the “Email already in use error”:

You guys already have an account using the email address that you entered and we don’t allow multiple Mixr accounts tied to one email address.

So you either have to:

A. Use a different email address (most simple solution)
B. Use the Mixr account tied to the email address you prefer. (also simple)

but i didn’t create and account tied with mixr and if i use another email adress, its still says email already in use

All you people getting the “Email already in use error”:

So you either have to:

A. Use a different email address (most simple solution)
B. Use the Mixr account tied to the email address you prefer. (also simple)

2 problems:

1: The link doesn’t work for me for some reason so I had to manually go there
2: I entered my email and it said it was already in use - ??

How do I fix this?

I entered it but it says “email already in used” ???? what do I do??

okay - so i did the forget password thing, and it shows that i have some other accounts that are linked to my email accounts. but the account i use and have all my exp for is the one linked to my facebook account… i’m really confused right now

ierramiole - 01/28/12 7:13 am

hey! eotteokke??  what will i do? i have this account,i used it first before my account with facebook, well i accidentally made that facebook connect account,and now i’ve been using that account,, the ieminrra24k i already leveled it up and dain pins like this account but the one in facebook connect has much than this,,what will i do?? can i put those in this account???  ya~ help pls,, and don’t blame me for my ignorance,

1. Log into Facebook.
2. Visit Ningin.
3. Go here: http://ningin.com/users/settings:facebook/
4. Follow instructions from there.

done!! yeehee. i have Mixr account now :D
thanks for the notice ^^

wow thanks a lot for the notice ! now i could have the real mixr account i feel relaxed, been wanting to do this since long time ago x) ~

jnoona - 01/25/12 2:34 am

okay so i tried doing the connect to mixr account and it said email already in use. so i checked the rest of the comments - and Hoc says that it’s probably because i already made a mixr account. one problem - how do i get onto my mixr account? i don’t recall making one. i just did the facebook connect

If you forgot your password or don’t know what it is, simply go to the forgot password page:

Greatly appreciate the heads up ningin! :D

forevrstarz - 01/24/12 11:06 pm

this change applies to the entire mixr family right? so like after i convert my account through ningin i don’t have to do it again on girlybubble or rekuru or wirebot ect.?

Yup, you only need to do it once, on 1 site. Your Mixr account will work across all our sites.

CaptainAali - 01/24/12 8:27 pm

Wait… my converter to mixr then went back to facebook on its own D:

Like I said before, until FB makes it stop working on their end, your account that you use here, that you made with FB Connect, will behave normally as it did before. It’s just that now, you can retrieve your account or login without FB if all of a sudden FB Connect no longer works.

LanniBear - 01/24/12 8:56 pm

So if your account is not connected through facebook , you are fine then ?

If you made an account without using FB, then you’re fine.

So if your account is not connected through facebook , you are fine then ?

Wait… my converter to mixr then went back to facebook on its own D:

Thanx for the notice!! I think it converted back okay~~

hanayo - 01/24/12 6:39 pm

I tried it and it didn’t function =/
It said my Email is already in use…

That means you already created a Mixr account with that email.

jenniturtle - 01/24/12 6:54 pm

It confirmed but the site still says I’m connected via Facebook...so is that good now?

The FB aspects of your account will still continue to work until FB decides to make it stop working. But at least now you have a password and an email address tied to your account should FB stop working altogether.

Just converted my account, appreciate the tip!

Done! Thank you for the info! I can finally see my original DP on Ningin! And not the one I have on FB. Haha. XD

good think i have an mirx media account >:D!

Thanks for the notice! now I have an official Mixr Media account ^^